Task Scheduler

-pops- 17:50 06 Jul 03

I've been using the Windows Task Scheduler to time and activate my daily backups. Recently it's become unreliable and for some reason misses and cancels a task saying that it has the wrong password. Other times it does the job OK.

I'm not bothered enough to mess about and investigate or repair this but I'm curious to know if anyone has either a recommendation for an independent task scheduler OR has any experience of click here

TIA

Brian

Lú-tzé 20:16 06 Jul 03

Freebyte seems good - small, no install necessary, freeware etc - my type of software.

My backup is carried out by CobianBackup which is freeware also - it has its own built in scheduler - as often or as infrequent as you like.

Forum Editor 23:41 06 Jul 03

Outlook to remind us to run the backups. I tend to distrust automatic backup routines myself, and prefer to rely on a good old reminder popping up.

I suppose that's an automatic routine in a way, but it's never once failed.

In addition, we use 250Mb ZIP discs with Iomega Quicksync software that backs up any changes to specified directories automatically as we work - that way we have a fail-safe if, for any reason we don't do the routine backup to CD.

powerless 23:45 06 Jul 03

"A Backup?"

I've been asked that a few times.

-pops- 07:30 07 Jul 03

Thanks for the responses. I will give the Cobain a go but, I'm tending towards the FE's system of using a reminder and doing things manually. I already have my weekly full system backup on a reminder so it's no problem adding my daily one.

Thanks again

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…