Task Scheduler

  R.C.M. 11:35 26 Aug 06
Locked

I have set the Task Scheduler [XP/SP2/OE] to run, it has successfully completed the task for several weeks but suddenly stopped?

Now when I try to start it I get a message

"the new task has been created, but may not run because the account information could not be set. The specific error is: 0x80070005: Access is denied. Try using the task page browse button to locate the application".

I have not got a clue what the instructions mean or what to do to sort this issue.

Assistance in this problem will be gratefully received.

  ade.h 16:38 26 Aug 06

Basically, TS cannot access the program that you are trying to launch, due to a lack of permission. This can be caused by - among other things - your firewall's program launch control entries or XP's user account permissions. You'll find these in Admin Tools > Local Security but I don't recommend that you fiddle with them, as they are a bit complex. Look at your firewall rules first and watch your PC when TS tries to launch the offending program to see if you get a rule request pop-up.

  ade.h 16:39 26 Aug 06

Also check that the path to the program's executable file is still correct.

  R.C.M. 16:50 26 Aug 06

Thanks for the reply, do you think I should use System restore - this problem has just started in the past few days - everything was working fine before that and I can't think of an occasion where I've changed any of the settings.

  ade.h 16:53 26 Aug 06

If it has just started, Sys Restore will *usually* fix it if it is a Windows system problem. If it is a software conflict or anything like that, then that won't help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…