task manager in XP home

Kitz E Kat 21:39 08 Jan 04

Hi, a friend wants to remove messenger off XP home..

However i ( on the phone) told him to bring up the task manager, and click the "processes" tab to stop the msmgr.exe proggie, however he can't......

he says that the only thing on the task manager is the applications and the only option is the stop, switch or new task, there is no tabs at the top of the window? No menu items either??

Any ideas what's up, i have searched my computer for a display setting to change the view, to a full task manager but found nothin, did a google , nothin....

Any help would be great...

many thanks for your time..

VoG II 21:47 08 Jan 04

To uninstall Windows Messenger:

1. Click on the Start button and select Run.

2. Type:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

in the text box and click OK. You will see a progress bar appear shortly as it deletes its files and it will then ask you to reboot. After the reboot the program will be gone.

Kitz E Kat 21:57 08 Jan 04

Thanks for that , will do ...

Any ideas about the task manager and how i can get the "full view", it's got me stumped!!!!!

i hate stumps!!!!!! :-)

Kitz E

VoG II 21:59 08 Jan 04

Sorry, forgot that bit.

Double click the thin blue line just below where the tabs should be. This can take a few goes to work.

Kitz E Kat 22:09 08 Jan 04

Cheers dude will try that !!!

Thanks

Kitz E

VoG II 22:11 08 Jan 04
  Kitz E Kat 22:19 08 Jan 04

Above and beyond the call of duty!!!! :-)

Thanks Vog

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…