"Task Manager @ Statup/Boot-time (Win_2_K_Pro)"

BBez 23:25 22 Nov 03

How do i run "task manager" at startup.

Just built a new system and it is "bottlenecking" somewhere, would like this to auto popup at login so i can see if it's my HDD's.

any sugestions or solutions, thanks in advance...

temp003 03:45 23 Nov 03

The Task Manager is run by C:\WINNT\system32\taskmgr.exe

Either create a shortcut to the exe file and drag it to the Startup folder, or create an entry in the registry in the Run section.

I read somewhere recently that of the startup items, the Run section items come before the startup folder items. Not sure myself.

So if you want to create the registry item, in regedit, go to HKEY Local Machine\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ Current Version\ Run. Highlight Run, and click Edit, New, String Value. Call the new item Task Manager, or anything you like. Then right click new item, Modify, and in the value data box, type in taskmgr.exe and click OK (without giving the full path, w2k will by default look in the system32 folder, or you can always type in the full path).

BBez 19:40 23 Nov 03

nice one temp003. thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…