Task Manager Seems to Have Vanished

Condom 01:52 AM 21 Jun 11
Answered

Many months ago I downloaded a recommended program which was supposed to be better than Task Manager. I forgot all about it and in fact I probably later deleted it as I cannot find it or remember what it was called.

I now find I can't get Task Manager to work and I would like to go back to it again. Anyone any idea how to do this. I have Windows 7 32 and I have the disk.

birdface 09:41 AM 21 Jun 11
Answer

Not sure if this is the one you had downloaded.

link text

birdface 09:44 AM 21 Jun 11

You don't need the disc to run sfc /scannow in command prompt.You may have to right click command prompt and select run as administrator.

rdave13 09:50 AM 21 Jun 11

To enable task manager use the second method here

Condom 10:27 AM 21 Jun 11

Buteman I am pretty certain that this was it so I downloaded it again and installed it and we'll see how it goes. Task Manager is something I seldom use but when I'm trying to remove my WD 1TB external drives I'm quite often told that they cannot be removed as some unmentionable program is using them and I have no idea which one.

rdave13 I tried that and follwed it exactly to the last bit which doesn't exist so maybe that was my problem

buteman thanks for that but I think I'm back up and running with task explorer

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone