Task Manager Seems to Have Vanished

Condom 01:52 21 Jun 11
Answered

Many months ago I downloaded a recommended program which was supposed to be better than Task Manager. I forgot all about it and in fact I probably later deleted it as I cannot find it or remember what it was called.

I now find I can't get Task Manager to work and I would like to go back to it again. Anyone any idea how to do this. I have Windows 7 32 and I have the disk.

birdface 09:41 21 Jun 11
Answer

Not sure if this is the one you had downloaded.

link text

birdface 09:44 21 Jun 11

You don't need the disc to run sfc /scannow in command prompt.You may have to right click command prompt and select run as administrator.

rdave13 09:50 21 Jun 11

To enable task manager use the second method here

Condom 10:27 21 Jun 11

Buteman I am pretty certain that this was it so I downloaded it again and installed it and we'll see how it goes. Task Manager is something I seldom use but when I'm trying to remove my WD 1TB external drives I'm quite often told that they cannot be removed as some unmentionable program is using them and I have no idea which one.

rdave13 I tried that and follwed it exactly to the last bit which doesn't exist so maybe that was my problem

buteman thanks for that but I think I'm back up and running with task explorer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…