task manager program-unidentifiable

nhojnhoj35 14:08 16 Sep 04

hi, i`m trying to get a friends pc running after a SERIOUS virus infection, or should i say infestation.
I`ve pretty much managed to clear it of all trojans and viruses, spyware and other such nasties but theres a program running in task manager that seems to be sapping computer memory and causing programs to terminate when opened.

its called sgb7xvwlnb.exe.

if i manually stop it then the problem goes away.
i have stopped it from the startup menu (run, msconfig,startup, untick box, `apply` but after reboot it reappears. its sitting in the wndows/system32 folder and won`t allow me to delete it.
any help would be gratefully received

Baledor 14:13 16 Sep 04

and restart your PC in Safe Mode (CTRL at start up) then delete the file when your computer restarts.

Jeffers22 14:16 16 Sep 04

Google came up with no hits. Have you tried to find it in the registry? If it starts again, after a reboot, it is likely there is a call for it in the registry.

The file is not on my XP pro machine.

nhojnhoj35 14:17 16 Sep 04

ok ill try that.
sounds like it might be something dodgy

nhojnhoj35 14:17 16 Sep 04

ok ill try that.
sounds like it might be something dodgy

nhojnhoj35 15:48 16 Sep 04

@jeffers22 - i checked on google and unusually there was no information at all about it.
it describes itself as some kind of microsoft system checker

@baledor - i followed your suggestion and it worked. pc seems fine now. no ill effects. thx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch