Task Manager - Not Responding

spuds 12 May 11

I have on occasions a problem when Windows Task Manager as put up a message 'Not Responding'. On clicking 'End Task' nothing happens, and I am having to close down the computer.

Any suggestions on the way to resolve this issue?.

northumbria61 12 May 11

Rt/click in the taskbar, and try it from there.

northumbria61 12 May 11

Enabling/disabling Task Manager in Vista or Win 7 - link text

For XP - link text

spuds 13 May 11

northumbria61 you have been a great help, especially with the XP link that you have provided. This led me to a 'Process' download which might prove interesting.

What I did find in the link was a video (1hour 15minutes long) of Mark Russinovich of Microsoft about 'Case for the Unexplained', which covered Task Manager and other 'unexplained problems'. Spent about 15 minutes with it, and will come back later to hear and see the full content of the video, which so far appears very informative.

northumbria61 13 May 11

Please let me know how you get on.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message