Task manager not responding

cagey 23:36 10 Mar 10

I am running Win7 and when i tried to open Task Manager,it opened but did not show any "Applications". I looked through previous threads and found one which linked to a "Task Manager Fix" program, which I downloaded and ran. I then opened Task Manager and Applications were showing. However when I tried to end a running program by highlighting it and pressing the End Task button, nothing happened ie. the program did not close. Can anyone help please?

birdface 00:13 11 Mar 10

Give Malwarebytes free an update and run and see if it finds any problems.
Run it in safe mode if you can.

Sea Urchin 00:17 11 Mar 10

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware uses Inno Setup instead of the Windows Installer Service to install the program. If installation continues to fail in normal mode, try installing and scanning in safe mode. Doing this is usually not advised as MBAM is designed to be at full power when running in normal mode and loses some effectiveness for detection & removal when used in safe mode. For optimal removal, normal mode is recommended so it does not limit the abilities of MBAM. Therefore, after completing a scan it is recommended to uninstall MBAM, then reinstall it in normal mode and perform another Quick Scan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced