Task manager - files ending in *32

compumac 16:10 14 Nov 11

I have two 64bit laptops and find that in Windows Task Manager I have several files ending with *32. I have not been aware prior to this, files with the *32 part within Task manager

On the one laptop in Task manager, Skype.exe*32 is running ten to the dozen and practically nil on the other. If I close the Skype running in the Background, the processor drops down to nil.

Any comments out there, specifically in respect of the Skype *32.exe?

I think that a reinstall of Skype on the one laptop might be the answer.

compumac 16:43 14 Nov 11

Realised that probably the *32 reference shown within Task Manager is just an indication that is not 64bit compatible. Could be wrong.

compumac 17:06 14 Nov 11

Removed Skype and ran CCleaner then reinstalled. Same problem, with a dialogue box referring to error on line 42.

Any pointers out there?

BRYNIT 18:09 14 Nov 11

If you are talking about Windows Task Manager/Processes all 32 bit programs will have the *32 at the end.

If you open a 32bit program it will show with the *32 after the exe.

If you open a 64bit program it will not show anything after the exe.

compumac 18:24 14 Nov 11

Brynit Thanks for your confirmation of my thoughts.

I have uninstalled Skype yet again and run CCleaner. Reinstalled Skype again direct from their website and still have the prblem of 50%cpu usage which is not the same level on my other PC's. I also get the error message - a dialogue box referring to error on line 42. "the value of the propertyflashargumentToXML is null or undefined".

Anyone with comment on that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…