Task manager

patat 16:00 05 Mar 07

Somehow the task manager was disabled along with the RUN item from the start menu. I started a new admin, account and that is O.K. How do I fix it or how do I transfer everything to the new account.

rawprawn 16:10 05 Mar 07
  rawprawn 16:11 05 Mar 07

Or in the registry click here

VoG II 16:12 05 Mar 07
  Jackcoms 16:15 05 Mar 07

How do you mean 'disabled'?

To bring up Task Manager press Ctrl/Alt/Delete together.

To display Run, right click on a blank area of the task bar, then Properties; Start Menu; Customise; Advanced. Scroll down until you find 'Run Command' and make sure it's ticked. Click OK

wrinkly rocker 10:13 03 Sep 07

Pc is locking me out. Screen flashed up saying your hardrive integrity might be at risk in a windows triangle security box in the bottom right hand quicklaunch bit near the clock. It also changed the wallpaper background saying you might be infected by spyware click here now to protect, then just takes you to a page trying to con you into buying a program.

The first time i rebooted after i had seen this message the computer would not load up the desktop nothing happened after i logged in, it just loaded the background. Then when i tried to access the taskmanager it said "task manager has been disabled by your administrator" how can this be as i am the only person on the computer, i can only presume that some malicious program has altered my password somehow, please help as i have totally no clue to what has happened

birdface 12:24 03 Sep 07

Hi looks as though your machine has an infection.try Downloading and running this .click here i

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…