task manager

iqs 13:02 18 Dec 05

Hello...Can anyone please explain what the cpu usage, and cpu usage history means?.Many thanks,Mike..Win XP

CPU USAGE 100%

The Dazza 13:05 18 Dec 05

It's your processor being used, probably by to much. Is it 100% all of the time or just when you do a specific task??

iqs 13:08 18 Dec 05

Hi The Dazza..Every time I check its 100%.Do I assume it shoul't be 100%.If correct how can I reduce it?.many thanks,Mike

The Dazza 13:13 18 Dec 05

Yes, it shouldn't be 100% all of the time. When idle it shouldn't need to be using hardly any cpu usage. The history is jsut a graph reflecting the percentage shown.

What made you decide to check it, any symptoms??

iqs 13:30 18 Dec 05

I accessed Task Manager to end a program which had froze.Thats when I noticed the high cpu usage.
I have just noticed that a program I have installed called SPYWARE DOCTOR is running.I have switched the program off,and the cpu usage in now registering between 2 and 11%.How could this simple program cause this amount of usage.Especially when I have many more programs running quite happily in the background.Sorry for asking another question.Kind regards,Mike

The Dazza 13:56 18 Dec 05

Try this link for more info.
click here

iqs 16:28 18 Dec 05

Hi The Dazza.Many thanks for your help and the supplied link.Much appreciated.Problem solved,until the next one ; )
Kindest regards,Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…