Task Manager

smullan_2000 21:59 06 May 04

dose anyone know how i can end a task running on my computer. i know the location of the .exe file, but when i press ctrl+alt+delete task manager only apears for a second or so and then closes again, not giving me enough time to end the task

Jandals 06:51 07 May 04

Try downloading "starter" click here - it will bring up a list of all your startup items and all running processes and give you the option to terminate them

temp003 10:57 07 May 04

If Task Manager flashes up for a while then disappears, usually it's caused by a virus. Quite often the same symptom applies to msconfig and regedit.

Test the other 2. click Start, Run, type msconfig and Press Enter. Click Start, Run, type regedit and Enter. See if the windows stay open.

If not, you've got a virus.

To use the applications in the meantime, make a copy of the exe files, and rename the extension to .com, then double click the .com files to use them.

Update your virus definitions and do a complete scan.

It could be a number of viruses causing this, and some of them are hard to detect, even by some of the most popular Antivirus programs.

Try an online scan click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…