task bar not working

windsock 21:37 10 Mar 11

Hi all need some help with desktop running xp with sp3, few days ago my son tried to load some photos from memory card, when he inserted card he said he got a error message.
What I can gather it was dr Morton debugger which said there was a problem and needed to shut down when he restarted the comp the task bar would not load the various icons in bottom right, and could not accesses the start menu.
When you place the curser over any part of the task bar it just shows the egg timer.
This happened a few months back when tried loading a cd but got the blue screen of death but I managed to use system restore, but this time tried system restore which restored to a previous time but still problem with task bar any help would be great full.

rawprawn 21:42 10 Mar 11
  rdave13 21:47 10 Mar 11

Have a look here; click here

rawprawn 21:51 10 Mar 11

If your machine won't accept the cd, you can get round it click here

windsock 21:56 10 Mar 11

thanks for your response if i try scan now will it affect anyother files as i have not backed up my documents or will it just repair any missing windows files

windsock 22:01 10 Mar 11

thanks for your response if i try scan now will it affect anyother files as i have not backed up my documents or will it just repair any missing windows files

Sea Urchin 10:00 11 Mar 11

It just repair any missing windows files

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017