Task Bar Icons

Kev.Ifty 23:17 04 Nov 05

You know the Task Bar? Well you know when you have icons on the Task Bar that relate to programs that you have running? Like MSN, Norton or Gmail notification?

Well when you point the mouse cursor at one of those icons, up pops a little 'balloon' type thing, which gives you a little bit of information about that particular program.

EG. For Gmail notification, it might say "No Unread Threads"

Well why is it that my 'little Balloons' are popping up, but they are behind the Task Bar?

I know that it sounds silly. But i cant see what my balloons say! I can see the top edge, but i cant read them.

;-) Kev

VoG II 23:19 04 Nov 05

A restart normally solves this.

driving man 23:21 04 Nov 05

as VOG says a restart should suffice --happened to me today on lap top all ok now

Coff 23:29 04 Nov 05

This quite often happens after you've just installed a program. You don't have to reboot. Click on Start\Turn Off Computer and when the shutdown window appears wait for a second or two and click on Cancel. Run your mouse back over the icons and the notifications should be fully visible.

Kev.Ifty 23:31 04 Nov 05

You're both right!

Wonder why it happened?

The restart worked.

Many Thanks Kev

Kev.Ifty 23:36 04 Nov 05

I'll try that next time it happens.

I thought it might be related to opening too many browsers at a time.

I have tried to recreate the problem, but to no avail.

Thanks Kev

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…