task bar got massive

Taw 21:45 18 Jul 03

Dont know what i may have hit but my taskbar has doubled in size. the icons stack up on top of each other instead of side by side. The only way I can resize it is iif I remove the quick launch option. Any ideas ? xp home

recap 21:47 18 Jul 03

When you hover over the top of the task bar you should get a double arrow, left click hold and drag down, this should then resize your task bar.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:48 18 Jul 03

hold mouse over top task bar till pointer turns to arrow with 2 points then hold left mouse arm in and drag down.May work.

Taw 21:50 18 Jul 03

tried that recap, but while the quick launch is selected it will only resize up. If I select quick launch it doubles in size and will not resize. When I deselect quick launch it stays double the size but i can resize it to normal, strange or what

recap 21:58 18 Jul 03

Yes, very strange.

Does it stay this way when you have restarted your computer?

Taw 18:57 19 Jul 03

sorry for the delay but yes it stays the same after a reboot

Taw 19:04 19 Jul 03

just resolved this, on the taskbar beside the start button is a vague blue dotted line. on moving this a few times it seems to have solved my probs

hugh-265156 19:04 19 Jul 03

after making it smaller,try ticking lock the taskbar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…