Task bar clock gone AWOL

jack 10:18 10 May 05

This has been the case for some time, but I have not thought to wonder why - too busy on other tasks
So when I went to Control P/Time and opened to check I found the the tick box for task bar clock option is greyed out.

So far I have not found way to re-activate it.

Any ideas please

Eric10 10:43 10 May 05

You do need to be logged in with Administrator rights then do the following:

Go to Start, Run and type mmc This will start the Microsoft Management Console. On the Top Menu click on File, Add/Remove Snap-in. Click the "Add" button. Scroll down and double-click "Group Policy Object Editor", then click the "Finished" button. Click the "Close" button then the "OK" button in the Add/Remove Snap-in dialogue.

Expand the tree by clicking the plus signs to the left of Local Computer Policy, User Configuration, Administrator Templates and then click on "Start Menu and Taskbar" Scroll down the list on the right until you find "Remove clock from the system notification area". Double-click on it and set it to Disabled. Close down Microsoft Management Console. There is no need to save.

woodchip 10:53 10 May 05

Are you XP or 98se

jack 14:39 10 May 05

Thank you Eric10 will have a go later.
Thank you WC for response -XP, we shall see what Eric's solution has to offer.

jack 19:48 12 May 05

Eric 10
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
However having had several pokes ,nothing yet has happend- it is not a matter of great consequence but a useful learning experience - so will keep poking
obviously one has to find the right spot -as the actress said to the bishop.

jack 20:04 12 May 05

Well there you go, as I posted my last and took another look would you believe it the box - no longer greyed out -clicked it and there was the time
Thank you once more

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…