task bar

conrail 21:53 15 Apr 05

running xp pro, have come back off holiday to find that my task bar and start button are grey, luckily not greyed out, and clicking on start shows the start menu is white background with black text although the program icons appear fine, the my son and daughter deny that they have changed anything and cannot say what happened, they have not installed or uninstalled anything, I have tried a system restore to before I went away but it is still the same, it is not causing any problems, I just wondered what has happened, look forward to suggestions with interest/trepidation

Carpigiani 22:00 15 Apr 05

Right click the desktop choose Properties\Appearance
Make sure 'Windows XP Style' is selected under Windows & Buttons

conrail 15:35 16 Apr 05

under Windows and Buttons I only have classic style, under the colour sceme I have tried Windows Classic and Win dows Standard, no change, I have even tried different themes. don't have a Windows XP style

Technotiger 15:42 16 Apr 05

Hi, under Windows and Buttons did you click on the little black drop-down arrow to see if you have XP Style?

VoG II 15:44 16 Apr 05

Try this click here

conrail 15:52 16 Apr 05

yes Technotiger, only 1 option, classic style

Technotiger 16:00 16 Apr 05

OK - VoG is the man - just follow his advice then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…