Targa Visionary PC 2500+

Confab 22:23 21 May 04

My nephew has just phoned to say that he wants to buy a new pc and has £400.00 to spend. He is thinking of buying the above PC at click here It is on offer for £399.00. His parents have said that if I think the PC is OK then they will give him some money to purchase a monitor. (They seem to have a lot more faith in my opinion than I do!)

Now, being a bit of a coward and not wanting to take the blame if they splash out £600.00 on a duff system I was hoping that some knowledgeable members could give me an opinion on what you think of the offer.

Thanks in advance.

Confab :-)

stalion 22:31 21 May 04

for the price it looks a good buy Regards

sicknote 22:32 21 May 04

Here's a review click here

Hamish 07:37 22 May 04

I bought a Targa from Lidl last year. It developed a fault but was very quickly repair on site after one short call to Targa. It is now working fine. The Specs are even better now. Targa is a well known firm and gave me good service. I posted a message re these computers on comsumerwatch but got my fingers smacked by a Mr. G. for not giving a link. Note:- when I bought my one there were only 3 in the shop for sale and all were sold within minutes of the shop opening

Confab 09:57 22 May 04

Thanks for the replies and thanks for the link sicknote(I can just about make sense of the German translation). It seems to be a fairly good review.

I'll let my nephew know that his £400.00 will probably be well spent on the PC although I just know that a better spec PC for the same price is just a round the corner.

I'll leave this thread open for a bit longer to see if anyone else has any comments.

Thanks again

Confab

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:41 22 May 04

For 'Targa' read 'Medion'. These are all excellent computers, you will not buy better or build cheaper. click here tell him to blackmail his parents, this is the one.

G

sicknote 12:31 22 May 04

I wish it was available in my area !!!!

Confab 13:01 22 May 04

Thanks for the replies.

I now feel OK about telling him its safe to part with his hard saved cash. He's only 14 so it's probably all his savings.

Also I'll tell him to get there early to avoid disappointment.

Thanks again

Regards Confab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…