Tape/vinyl to HD/Cd

Newuser2 10:57 02 Sep 06

I would to convert all my tapes/vinyl to cd.
I think I am correct in that I record the tracks to my HD first then rip them to cd's.
I have a lead to connect my tape player to the sound card, is there anything else I need.
I have an ASUS K8V SE deluxe MB which has its own on-board sound.

johndrew 11:21 02 Sep 06

There are a couple of sites I am aware of that give advice click here and click here

If you need more you can either Google or use Ask - used to be Ask Jeeves uk.ask.com/

johndrew 11:23 02 Sep 06

Fixed link click here

Fingees 11:39 02 Sep 06

If you go to

click here

You can download the full version of the program, that will work for two weeks..

I managed to transfer all my stuff in that time.

Good Luck

pj123 12:34 02 Sep 06

I use LP Recorder and LP Ripper to do what you want to do. LP Recorder makes 1 long .wav file of the whole tape/LP and then I use LP Ripper to split it back to separate tracks.

click here

If you want to stay in the "free" zone then JetAudio is good.

click here

Scroll to the bottom and select JetAudio 6 Basic Download.

rawprawn 13:17 02 Sep 06

I don't mean to Hijack your thread

I am just looking at doing this, and I know nothing about it.Can someone tell me I I can just use the "Black" mic imput plug on my computer to take the connection from my CD Player.
Thanks.

Fingees 13:27 02 Sep 06

can just use the "Black" mic imput plug on my computer to take the connection from my CD Player.

It would be better to use the line in socket on yor computer, as the mic socket could be overloaded with the high level coming from your player

rodriguez 13:33 02 Sep 06

I agree with Fingees as the Mic socket has a preamp that will make the sound level too high when a CD player or other equipment is plugged into it which will make it sound distorted so you'll need to use the Line-In connection. You might be able to plug a turntable into it as record decks give a lower sound output and needs a preamp. This is why if you plug a turntable into any other socket than "Phono" on your amp, the volume needs to be turned right up to hear it properly. The Mic socket is also mono so you won't get stereo sound from anything plugged into it.

Newuser2 13:37 02 Sep 06

Thanks guys.
Its easy when you know how.
rawprawn its not a problem, that's what this forum is all about, everyone helping out with probs.

rawprawn 14:09 02 Sep 06

I am having difficulty locating "Line in Socket" as far as I can see i have a yellow, blue, pink & black (which I think is mic)I have looked in the instruction manual, and where it shows Line in & out jacks there is a blank plate, but it is not showing the jack points I have described. Dell Dimension 4300

wjrt 14:47 02 Sep 06

click here

xitel inport from here. all in one box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…