tapes to cd

gidster 19:25 09 May 04

ive just put a album onto the computer from cassette ( wav formatt) but now when i come to put it on to cd it just dosent fit not even close,im using 80 minute cds. but the thing is when ive played a original cd on the computer which as more songs on and is longer than the one ive done from cassette and saved it on the computer , then put it onto the same 80 min cds it fits... what have i got to do?

bremner 20:18 09 May 04

That is because on the CD the files are nor wav's which are very large (say 10MB per minute) when you rip from the CD to the PC it does so in a compressed format (mp3 or wma) which is about 1MB per minute.

alnwrd 20:20 09 May 04

Is the music in one directory? if so what is the size of all the files? What software are you using to write the cd?

gidster 20:34 09 May 04

its one album in my music and the size is 1.77gb and the programe ime using is nero 6

dilbar 20:34 09 May 04

I converted to mp3 using free download Musicmatch - with file> convert files, and then burnt to CD using the same program - file> create CD. at the moment I can only play via PC as I haven't yet bought a suitable portable player. But it is possible to put about 10 hrs onto one CD - and the same program can be used to convert back to .wav format any time so this is a useful method for backing up all those old wobbly tapes - or sound files from the radio...

gidster 20:37 09 May 04

dilbar. is that what i have to do convert to mp3?

gidster 20:42 09 May 04

also ive got musicmatch but when i press the convert button and try to find the album from cassett its not there in my music or any where else so i cant do it whys that?

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…