Tape, vinyl and cd transfer to pc

dogbreath1 13:22 26 Apr 05

There've been many threads over the past few months regarding the transfer of music from various media onto a pc. It's always been possible (with the right software installed) using a cable connecting hi-fi to pc sound card. Xitel, who produce cable/dac combos to enable pc music files to be played on a hi-fi whilst bypassing the sound card, now have a product available which enables the reverse. By taking the sound card out of the equation, music quality should be enhanced.click here for further details. I can't comment on how good this new product is (I have the older product which is superb) but the spec sounds very good.

Stuartli 13:45 26 Apr 05

It seems somewhat similar to the ADS Technology device from dabs (£28) which allows the conversion of vinyl and cassette to digital from any audio source, including turntables, TVs, DVD or radio via a USB port:

click here

dogbreath1 13:51 26 Apr 05

Thanks for that Stuartli. It does seem very similar. Simple but good idea. I hope that these products are as good as the Xitel Hi-Fi link which I use to play pc based mp3 files through my hi fi...it's stunning sound quality!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…