tape to cd

jimje2 00:37 31 May 03

boring i know but can anybody please take me from start to finish with this as i am having problems

ton 02:56 31 May 03

Lots of info on these sites. Have a read and post back with details if you still have problems.

click here

click here

click here

pj123 16:50 31 May 03

I use a program called LP Recorder and LP Ripper from click here hav a look and see what you think. Use LP Recorder to record the tape to your hard disk, then use LP Ripper to split it into separate tracks and burn to cd.

ton 00:33 01 Jun 03

which version of Windows do you have? Also what software are you using?

Do you have the cable plugged into the 'line out' on the hi-fi, and the 'line in' on the PC?

If the cable is connected as it should be then check the volume controls (double click the speaker icon). You can do this with the hi-fi connected and playing. Check that the 'line in' isn't muted.

The first thing you need to do is make sure the sound is getting into the PC.

If you still have problems post back with as many details as you can.

pj123 10:33 01 Jun 03

In response to your email. (for everybody's benefit) If you are using Win98 try Start, Settings, Control Panel, Multimedia, Audio and make sure both playback and recording are showing your sound card as the Preferred Device. Don't know if it is the same in Win XP but someone else might.

You could also try your input lead in the Headphone socket of your HiFi instead of Line Out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…