Tape to CD

StanH 07:03 29 May 03

How do I copy audio tape to a CD?

Have Easy CD 4 deluxe but not Spindoctor.

I can play tape through my sound card but what prog do I need to be able to transfer.

Have looked through the download section but cannot spot anything suitable - and wouldn't know what to search for.

Any info welcome

powertool 07:34 29 May 03

MusicMatch has line-in recording - select source 'line-in', then record. When complete, open your recording in the player then click 'burn'.

powertool 07:37 29 May 03

PS - Free basic Musicmatch used to have line-in enabled - but I think later editions now require you to pay to upgrade to get this feature.

stlucia 08:44 29 May 03

What sound card do you have? It possibly comes with recording software -- check by clicking Start, Programs, and then the folder for your soundcard. You might find something there. The program that came with my Soundblaster card is called "SoundO'le" (or something like that) and it wasn't initially obvious to me what it did.

StanH 09:16 29 May 03

powertool, you are right - have downloaded basic MM but need to upgrade to plus to get line-in.
Is there any way I can get hold of the earlier version that includes it?

stlucia, can't find anything like that

Gaz W 17:27 29 May 03

Most Windows versions from 95 have a very basic program called Sound Recorder. I have only tried it once, but it works. In Windows XP it's in Accessories > Entertainment.

DieSse 17:32 29 May 03

Why not upgrade your Easy CD Creator - the latest versions do such a lot more, as well as what you want, that it's an excellent tool.

March Hare 18:03 29 May 03

I think Windows Sound recorder will only record 60 seconds. I seem to remember that there is a way to "fool" it into recording for longer, but it's a pretty crude system, you need something more sophisticated for music, as the advice above.

Parker21 18:14 29 May 03

Try 'BLAZE AUDIO' for tape to CD. It is shareware but you get a few weeks to try it and see if you like it. You can use the programme to adjust the volume and add echo etc.

Transcribing from tape to CD is slow as it is analogue and the file comes in .wav format and can be very large. You need a good bit of spare HDD space. You can convert readily from .wav to MP3 easily with MM once you have it on your HDD.

The easiest method is to do lots of small transcriptions.

StanH 19:58 29 May 03

Thanks for all the advice.

Have downloaded the Wavecreator trial version, MusicMatch Plus looks good and I will certainly think about upgrading Easy CD

Will close this now, but any further ideas welcome

Thanks again

toxin 22:17 29 May 03

Hi StanH!

Why not try click here?

Freeware for about 30 days I believe, I used it some time ago and it's an excellent prog for your requirements.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…