TalkTalk's EchoLife HG520s router - static IP

janet.elisabeth 19:58 24 Apr 09

I wondered whether anyone has figured out how to configer as static IP address in this router. I'm having to use my wireless printer from a dynamic IP address and every time there is a loss of connection I have to delete and re-add the printer in my computer settings.

Tech Guy 22:51 24 Apr 09

To config a host to use a static ip address, you will have to set this up with the host.

You cannot config this from the router.

Enter the printer config or re-run the CD and see if there is a option of a static IP.

Once you work out how to config a static IP address for the printer. You can enter the routers config and set the DHCP to exclude the static IP for the printer.

janet.elisabeth 23:47 24 Apr 09

Thank you for your help. I will contact Brother on Monday because I don't have any Vista compatible discs but I can see from the user manual and disc that the printer does support a Bradmin Professional config utility which I should be able to download. I previously used a netgear router and it had a web page that enabled me to allocate a permanent IP address to the printer using the printers Mac address. I then changed the dynamically obtained IP address in the printer menu to the new address. There is so much to learn and I will let you know how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…