TalkTalk wireless router/ modem?

nicgrant 07:51 08 Jul 06

Can anyone help me please? I am new to Broadband and have just registered with TalkTalk and received their start-up pack including modem. I would like to go wireless and want to purchase a compatible wireless router. I have 2 laptps, one with built-in wireless receiver, the other not. Can you recommend a suitable router and connector for the 2nd laptop, ideally something that replaces the Talktalk modem?
Thanks for your help.
Nick

Strawballs 09:53 08 Jul 06

click here This is the sort of thing that you will need.

nicgrant 10:57 08 Jul 06

Many thanks - much appreciated for your very prompt advice
Nick

Strawballs 09:49 09 Jul 06

click here This one would also do

nicgrant 20:25 11 Jul 06

Thanks for that - I have now bought the Linksys Wireless G Gateway & cannot connect through the Gateway. I have gone through the installation wizard that came with the Gateway, entered the settings as they suggested, but when I try to connect I get a message saying that the modem isn't working. I fear the settings are incorrect but I am unable to find out from the TalTalk website know which ones to change.
Can anyone help me, please?
Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…