talktalk ST330 modem and belkin G+ mimo router

gemdan 18:50 01 Jan 08

This modem has a USB connection to my computer and i need to connect it to my new wireless router but that requires a modem connection.
Do you have any ideas about what i should do?

MAJ 18:59 01 Jan 08

Doesn't that router have a modem built-in? That would mean you don't need the ST330 modem.

MAJ 19:03 01 Jan 08

If it hasn't, then you'll need this (or similar). click here#

gemdan 19:09 01 Jan 08

The one i have has a different part number to the one you have just shown me but otherwise looks the same, the installation process tells me to connect my modem to the router

MAJ 19:15 01 Jan 08

You have the Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router, gemdan? click here#

I don't think there is a way to connect the ST330 modem to that router. I suspect you will need to get the one I linked to above, which has a modem built in. Of course, [usually] any other Wireless Modem Router would also do.

gemdan 19:22 01 Jan 08

yes it is wireless g+MIMO modem router and looks exactly like the one you have shown me but the part number is B5DUK056, I think i will take it back and bring my modem with me. What is the difference with the one you have shown me?

MAJ 19:28 01 Jan 08

The B5DUK056 does have a modem built in, so you shouldn't need to connect your ST330 modem to it. click here

gemdan 19:31 01 Jan 08

So i just plug the phone line into the wireless router, use the network cable to connect it to the computer and it should work?

Strawballs 19:45 01 Jan 08

Yes take the original modem out of the equation.

gemdan 19:47 01 Jan 08

will try that now fingers crossed thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…