TalkTalk Service (Good News) for once

Migwell 10:59 31 May 07

After I have read all the bad comments about TalkTalk service, here is one to put the record straight.

On Tuesday afternoon I lost the ADSL signal but thought it was the router had broken after some investigation including trying my Speedtouch modem, I confirmed that it was in fact the los of broadband connection and not the router after all.

I rang Talktalk and was asked to go through a list of checks including replacing filters etc.

After 5 minutes an engineer came on the phone and asked for my mobile number because he wanted to ring me back on that as he wanted me to un-plug all telephone and other equipment including the Sky box, so he could do various tests on the line including changing my profile, what ever that is.

After trying all the profiles and asking for only the router to be plugged back in. After which we drew a blank, he said that it looked likely that some one may have to make a visit to my home to sort it out from that end.

Wednesday 10:00 I saw the ADSL light come on and a few minutes later the internet light came on, on the router. By 10:10 all was working with a speed increase to 5.4mbs.

Now to ALL the doubters about TALKTALK give them a chance,

THEY ARE FANTASTIC

six-h 11:06 31 May 07

I cann't disagree with that, but I am envious of your synch rate!
It seems however somehow churlish to complain that one's speed is not pehaps the fastest, so I'm content with it at arround 3.5mbs, and that is with the help of the DMT tool, and these august pages, (Which are also free, like all the best things in life!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…