TalkTalk Internet Connection Problem

Hazzar 12:46 21 Sep 10

Two Acer Computers, One is desktop running Vista,other laptop runnnig Wins. 7. Modem is Netgear DG 834 PN.
All was well with my TalkTalk connection until they installed new equipment in my local telephone exchange distance to which is 1.5 miles.
Now the connection on first logging on is o.k. but goes slower and slower as the minutes go by.
If I disconnect the power to the modem for a few minutes then reconnect the speed goes up and then the cycle starts again.
I believe the problem is the s/n ratio on my telephone line.If a TalkTalk technician lowers the speed to about 2meg.things improve no end but according to the technician the new equipment is designed to find the best speed for my line and over a period of a few weeks takes the speed back to 6meg. and my problems start again.
Does anyone know if this a fault peculier to TalkTalk and would things improve if I change to B.T. or is B.T.s gear the same and I will just have to wait until all is replaced with fibre optics?
Thank you for any replies.
Tony H.
p.s.
Please constructive answers only. Do not use this question to slag off TalkTalk, believe me, I hvae heard it all before.

cocteau48 13:23 21 Sep 10

Sounds as though it may be a profile issue.

I would go back to TalkTalk second line tech support (you can also do this via the members forum on the TalkTalk members site but you may have to wait until a tech guy looks at your thread) and ask them to have a look at your profile.

They can change it for you to see if it helps and if it does not help they will change it back again.

sunnystaines 13:27 21 Sep 10

I think the isp's are putting too high a ratio of customers per equipment.

i am with talktalk too, got a leaflet thought the post offering speeds for new customers up to 24megs i thought it was only up to 8megs not seen any speed increase recently, less than a mile from the exchange as well.

cocteau48 13:45 21 Sep 10

I have had it confirmed by both TalkTalk technicians and engineers on more than one occasion that if you are only getting say 6Meg on an up to 8Meg package then that is all that you will get on an up to 24Meg deal.

Up to 24Meg may be an advantage if you are really close to the exchange or lucky enough to be on a on a fibre optic supply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…