TalkTalk HG520s wireless router

Spark6 20:09 19 Jul 07

I changed over to TalkTalk's Talk3 International service last week, set up the router on my desktop OK but am unable to use the wireless connection to my laptop.

I have used the supplied CD to set up the laptop, the LT is 'seeing' the router, but does not connect to the internet.

The telephone assistance re setting the wireless facility involves another subscription and no information is supplied with the router for trouble shooting.

Googling HG520s brings up a multitude of Chinese pages which, when translated, do not provide anything resembling an instruction manual.

Has anyone experienced and solved this problem?

Technotiger 20:28 19 Jul 07

I am not with TalkTalk, but have a look here you might find something to help ... courtesy of Google ..

click here

Spark6 20:44 19 Jul 07

Many thanks for the prompt response, your link looks very promising.

Spark6 20:42 23 Jul 07

Having failed to connect wirelessly to the TalkTalk router I decided to try my Netgear DG834G router on the TalkTalk service earlier today. As I had previously downloaded and printed the Netgear setup manual the installation was relatively straightforward and I now have my laptop, plus a second desktop, connected wirelessly.

Why TalkTalk have not ensured that a setup manual is available beats me. I shall attempt to return their router ASAP.

Technotiger 21:00 23 Jul 07

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac