TalkTalk email settings, please

Graham. 12:08 11 Aug 07

Just off to configure a new modem installation manually, because TT don't do a Vista CD. I'd like to be sure of the email settings before I arrive.

VoG II 12:12 11 Aug 07

You should find them here somewhere click here

Graham. 12:27 11 Aug 07

X-cellent. Thanks.

Stuartli 12:55 11 Aug 07

You'll need to send an e-mail from another e-mail address to the new TT e-mail account to activate it.

Graham. 17:33 11 Aug 07

Rather confusing, Vista doesn't appear to have Outlook Express, only Windows Mail. Is this correct? Didn't have any success anyway, took nearly 2 hours to get online, so ran out of time.

See my other thread on the delights of TalkTalk installation click here

Graham. 20:15 11 Aug 07

Noted, thanks.

Graham. 08:48 12 Aug 07

The username is in the format (telephone number)@talktalk.net. One would think this was the default email address? Wrong. It cannot be used for sending and receiving mail click here

You have to set one up, then get someone to Email you.

Spark6 10:27 12 Aug 07

NEVER make assumptions, regardless of how logical they may seem, where TalkTalk are concerned. Why should it be so involved/complicated to set up an e-mail address with them?

Stuartli 10:36 12 Aug 07

The phonenumber @talktalk.net and password are purely for logging onto the TalkTalk's home page. TT provides the password, which is in the form of lower case letters and numerals.

When signing up for TalkTalk you are asked to state the way you require your name to be used for your e-mail address in front of:

@talktalk.net

and your chosen password.

The name is usually done on the lines of joe.bloggs @talktalk.net but could be, for instance, joe_bloggs @talktalk.net

This username (e-mail address) and password are required to enter the My Account section of the TalkTalk home page.

Spark6

There is absolutely nothing involved/complicated about setting up a TalkTalk e-mail adress - it is very similar to that of many other ISPs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5