TalkTalk email problems in Vista Email

boybrown 22:18 03 Mar 08

Hi folks,
i'm sending this as i've been trying to sort out a problem for a friend and having no luck. She has TalkTalk email account and I have checked and rechecked the POP settings and they all appear correct. The account will send fine from Outlook and the email is received at the server (the internet access to the email works fine) but no emails received on the Outlook Express programme. It just doesn't appear to download from the server. No error message comes up when hitting the 'send/receive' button which I would expect if the settings were wrong.

I know that in Sky's email accounts you have to activate the forwarding of emilas form the web based email to an external programme and wondered if this was maybe the same problem, or even a problem with a compatibility issue with Vista. I have checked on the web account and I cannot find a forwarding option there. The problem I have is that I can't contact talktalk direct at the moment as I have not got all her account settings here.

Any ideas would be very grateful as ever!

Cheers

tom

Sea Urchin 23:18 03 Mar 08

I would check the settings for Outlook Express as per the following

click here

boybrown 18:15 04 Mar 08

Hi there, Thanks for the link but have already tried and double checked the settings. I have tracked down a forum and a similar thing happened to someone and it was down to the TalkTalk server and the change of password. I'll try to contact them direct

cheers

vanman7 17:38 16 Mar 08

I have had my email set up with outlook for nearly a year now, and only about 2 weeks ago i have had a HUGE PROBLEM accessing my email through outlook and also thier website login.
only twice have i been able to gain access throgh outlook, and as for thier website login...forget it.
So as for your settings on outlook..they very well may be correct.
someone very kindly gave me this link to access your email, no matter what isp and it works first time every time for me too.
may be worth a try for now if you are waiting for important emails.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…