Talktalk email problems

Boy Zone 19:41 08 Nov 07

Hi out there,
Is anyone having problems with talktalk i.e. receiving Emails over the last 24 hours.
I use O/E, none of my setting have been changed, I can send Emails but it takes about an hour to receive them, when I send myself a email.

mfletch 19:51 08 Nov 07

Hi, Same here keep getting error connecting to pop 3 etc

Will just have to live with it for a while,

mfletch

mfletch 19:54 08 Nov 07

We are not alone have a look here,

click here=

mfletch

cocteau48 20:16 08 Nov 07

TalkTalk introduced their new webmail facility yesterday. Its powered by AOL - that's America OFF Line - hence the reason it don't work at the moment.

Seriously though you can access your emails on the new webmail page (if you can wait for it to load - it takes forever) - or your normal email client,OE or Thunderbird etc.,is downloading very occasionally.

I agree that sending yourself an email takes over an hour to do the round trip.
This scenario is very similar to when they had problems with their webmail server around Nov/Dec last year. At that time it took a couple of days to get things sorted. I think that the problem may be that if the server goes down or is taken off line for a while the backlog of traffic builds up so quickly that it is only clearing after the relatively quiet "through the night " period.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…