talktalk with a belkin router

mark_24 16:42 24 Mar 11

does a Belkin adsl modem with wireless g router work with talktalk?

mgmcc 16:45 24 Mar 11

It should do. If you have the router, have you tried it to see?

mark_24 16:48 24 Mar 11

i have, but for some reason its internet light doesn't light up so i can't try and set it up with ip addresses and everything. all the other lights needed are on but no internet connection. i currently use a speedtouch 330 modem supplied to me by talktalk which uses an usb connection

mgmcc 07:40 25 Mar 11

You don't need to be online to configure the router, just type its IP address (normally 192.168.2.1 for Belkin routers) into your web browser to open the configuration pages. The internet light may come on once it has been set up properly with your login details etc.

spuds 15:44 27 Mar 11

The Thompson/Alcetal SpeedTouch 330 is now a very old model, why not contact TalkTalk and ask for a newer replacement?.

Here's some replacements click here Some TalkTalk engineers suggest the Huawei EchoLife HG520b, but this isn't the latest model from the Huawei range. Makes a good picture frame though!.

You might need this for the Belkin click here There are other instructions available on the TalkTalk website.

Should you need to contact TalkTalk support, who might provide instructions for setting up the Belkin, then use 0871 222 3311 which is a free support number for TalkTalk subscribers.

Belkin should also provide a 'walk through' in setting-up their router.

mikesuther 11:02 31 Mar 11

if you still have your welcome letter or the talktalk introduction book it will have the router setup information you will need to configure your router. if you have the original setup disk for the router it has a step by step guide to get you up and running. i use talktalk and have used belkin routers for a number years originally used a g rated modem then upgraded to wireless N. both have worked without problem. if you have lost your welcome letter just ring customer sservice at talktalk and there broadband department will give you the password and the logon details required to configure your router. hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017