Talkgas and spam e mail

end 19:09 13 Apr 04

I know there are other threads ON this subject OF spam, but, tackling it from a "different angle";
?/??does anyone have a Talkgas e mail adress, and if so are THEY receiving spam to IT?? how can one stop it apart from just deleting the rubbish??? as far as I can see, I have no way of "forwarding " it unless I open it first, which really defeats the object of the exercise....at the moment I AM just deleting any address that even LOOKS odd...???am I "barking up" an impossible tree or.....IS there a solution????( apart from shooting myself.....)

VoG II 19:19 13 Apr 04

Don't tempt me ;o)

Have you tried Mailwasher click here

end 17:52 14 Apr 04

apart from selecting and then deleting the spam , I havent tried ANYTHING yet, as not sure what WIL work with talkgas, if anything.......

end 10:14 17 Apr 04

????where DO these people GET ones addres FROM??? have jsut checked my email to find some ridiculous looking names on it....needless to say have not opened any of them.....but wher do they get it from...and its only fairly recently that I HAVE been gettign them ........

coolteentom 12:04 17 Apr 04

I think the main way spammers get your email are from subscribing to email newsletters etc. also if you have a website, many 'robots' search on people's websites for emails.

I get about 200 emails a day. I now use Spam Pal ( click here ), and I now only get about 5 a day.

end 15:58 18 Apr 04

I do not ahve a web site nor do I , but I am subscribing to a newstelegraph thing that tells ne of newbuletins....am wondering if I have to create a totally different and "unpredictable" e mail account.........

KingCanute 16:05 18 Apr 04

May I suggest using a disposable address, such as [email protected], then change it each month. Friends and family will know to change, but the spammers won't.

end 20:42 18 Apr 04

??how WILL friends and family know to change.....i.e....what IS a "disposable " address...(yes. I know I"m "thick"...)...

end 11:05 19 Apr 04

I have received the following e mail from [email protected]
which says
"thank you for your e mail. In order to forward a message from your inbox, you must first open the message.However, this will not pose any threat to your system, providing no attachements are opened......."

HOWEVER....I was/AM of the impression that the very act OF opening the damm things SOMEHOW tells the sender that the address is "active",, AND,,, can there not even be a bug or something contained in the ORIGINAL message????? I DID open one on a "works" computer some while ago (to ensure that if there WERE "nasties IN it that MY home computer would NOT "get them"!!!) that then seemed to be transferign me to another address or site .......

end 17:01 19 Apr 04

any offers on this folks????

end 09:41 20 Apr 04

hav now spoken with talkgas as my entire e mail system is "off line" at present.....and explained to them that I annot open the spam without "risk"; has been sugested that I send the "sender" details to a Postmster address, and merely delete the e mails thmselves; as other threads say, "bouncing" spam merely "clogs up the works"; I am assured BY talkgas that they do HAVE a spam-catcher on the system........but that the spammers are getting inreasingly clever ....I DID send an e mail TO mailwasher to see if my account could be dealt with BY it....but ..umm cannot get TO the answerr as my e mail is "gone " at present..... the gremilns are "at it" again....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now