TALK TALK WIRELESS ROUTER

louiseandlisa 10:20 03 Aug 07

I have a Talk talk wireless router, I believe it is the Philips one. I have lost my installation cd and when I contacted talk talk they tell me they no longer sell or support that product. Is there any way I can access a copy of the installation cd or can I down load it

Taff™ 10:27 03 Aug 07

TalkTalk are a joke. I bet it even has TalkTalk written all over it! Give us the model and serial number and we`ll try and help you find some instructions on how to configure it manually. you don`t necessarily need the TalkTalk CD - it installs a load of software you don`t really need anyway.

howard64 12:10 03 Aug 07
  Stuartli 13:47 03 Aug 07

ISPs regularly change USB or modem router choices - it's not confined to TalkTalk.

To be honest I can't remember TT having a Philips route model, only the Haewawii or however it spells its name...:-)

Spark6 20:11 03 Aug 07

TalkTalk supplied me with an EchoLife HG520s router last month and I failed dismally with the wireless setup because insufficient information was provided, an additional payment to their Geek Squad was required.

As I was able to change over to my Netgear router I attempted to return the EchoLife for a refund. No joy. A letter to Charles Dunstone a fortnight ago has not even been acknowledged!

Stuartli 23:28 03 Aug 07

The EchoLife HG520s router is a Huawei product.

See:

click here

It's most likely a similar setup.

Spark6 10:22 04 Aug 07

Your link does not mention wireless connections to networked computers! I was able to set up the EchoLife for broadband as described in your link but failed with the, to me, essential wireless setup. For TalkTalk to sell equipment without the necessary information to set it up, without shelling out for professional support, is naughty to say the least.

Stuartli 10:49 04 Aug 07

One would presume that the manual would come with the router?

Will this help?

click here|CO0000000169

Stuartli 10:50 04 Aug 07

This link might be better:

click here

Dipso 16:03 04 Aug 07

I'm not sure if this will work but there is an on-line set up wizard for the Philips router here click here see link top left.

If that fails you may be able to access the router config pages by click here

Spark6 20:53 04 Aug 07

The best I could find with your second link was their 'simple installation guide', no info on wireless setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…