Talk Talk Outlook Express problem

thumbscrew 17:17 27 Oct 10

For the second time in a couple of weeks, I can't send or receive emails in Outlook Express via Talk Talk.I keep getting a small box up containing my password and email address. I've retyped them but no joy. Anyone else experiencing problems?

muddypaws 19:41 27 Oct 10

thumbscrew
Tell me about it!
I had it about the same time as you. The box keeps re-appearing if you click OK or even if you re-enter p/word.
I let it do its own thing and it was back to normal when I went back an hour later.
Talk Talk here as well.

Ford Prefect 01 20:11 27 Oct 10

Have a lok at the message in red

click here

Ford Prefect 01 20:21 27 Oct 10

Just in case it does not appear in the click here above.

We are in the process of transferring your Tiscali email address over to the TalkTalk service, your Tiscali email address remains unchanged. During this move, a small number of customers may encounter a slight disruption to their service. Sincere apologies if you are affected. We are resolving this as a priority.

muddypaws 20:35 27 Oct 10

Ford Prefect 01
Hadn't actually read that one.
Been a few lately.
Thanks.

thumbscrew 20:51 27 Oct 10

Thanks Ford and Muddypaws, I did see the message but assumed it only referred to Webmail, also their status page seemed to say it was fixed yesterday. More precise geographical warnings would be appreciated from them, to stop meddlers like me altering settings that possibly couldn't be retrieved. Cheers both.

jack 09:00 28 Oct 10

I seem to remember having this message occur in the past to me and I am NOT a talk talker
I appears to be an Outlook Express thing.
If you continue to get it try two things.
1. Is your password in use the actual one that talk talk assigned you[On the acceptance document].
If that is not relevant.
Download Mozilla Thunderbird - set it up as your E-mail client- see if that gets around the problem

anchor 09:32 28 Oct 10

I was unable to download messages yesterday, (using Outlook). Went to their Webmail, and saw the message.

All OK today. It obviously was a temporary TalkTalk problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced