Talk Talk Online Security

david hill 15:32 PM 21 Aug 07

Dear all I am unable to uninstall TT Online Security in add/remove programs. I have downloaded and run Ccleaner and PC Registry Cleaner but neither will uninstall TT. Can anyone help?

Stuartli 15:34 PM 21 Aug 07
  woodchip 15:45 PM 21 Aug 07

As in Stuartli link right click My computer\Manage\Services look for Talk talk Disable it there reboot then try Add Remove. If not come back

woodchip 17:03 PM 21 Aug 07

So looks like you will have to do a Manual uninstall, Go to Search type Talk Talk Try deleting the Security from there if you only want to remove that. If you want Talk Talk of your comp delete all that it finds. if it say's cannot Delete Try emptying the folder to the last bit that are left then try removing folder. the other part is ether use CCleaner or you have to go into Registry to remove it if that's the way you want to go come back hear not my e-mail please so others can learn

david hill 18:17 PM 21 Aug 07

Hi Woodchip
Have conducted search but it wouldn't let me delete. How do I get into Registry?

david hill 18:25 PM 21 Aug 07

Hi Woodchip
When using Ccleaner in the Registry window it suggests deleting the reistry key as a solution. How do i do this?
I spent over an hour on the phone to Talk Talk technical support earlier and they tried lots of different ways of uninstalling but all were unsuccessful. Eventually she gave me a Microsoft Tech support no. in the hope that they would take me into the computers registry and remove F-Secure that way.

woodchip 21:37 PM 21 Aug 07

Just got back, As I have been out. Go to run type regedit, then go to Menu, under edit you will see find, press find and click on the Computer icon at the top of the list so when it startes looking it's going to start from the top in find, type Talk Talk press enter delete any Talk talk you find if it lets you, press F3 to go to next entry in Regedit, you have to do this untill you get to the End. Do not try removing anything else or windows may not boot. you can then reboot and after reboot try deleting Talk talk from Windows

Finally got rid of it.Tried to load new McFee,but it got stopped by Talk talk's F-Secure(Online Security)Tried all ways to get rid of it,add/remove programs,CCleaner and manual.Eventauly got rid of most of it,exceapt 4 .dll's in the Common file these I renamed by putting an A in front.Then used Msconfig to stop any Fs programs starting.After Restart deleted the Talk Talk Online Security folder in Program Files.No more talk talk online security.Loaded McFee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Lumia 950 vs Lumia 950 XL: What's the difference between Lumia 950 & 950 XL?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Medium's new logo was designed

iPad Pro vs iPad Air 2 comparison: Which of Apple's flagship iPads is best for you?