talk talk installation software

macduck 19:27 18 Jun 06

my brother in law has just asked me to see if i can download the talk talk broadband installation software, but i can't seem to find it on their web site.He receved his welcome pack without the installation cd. Does anyone know if is possible to actually download this or does it not exist.

ade.h 19:36 18 Jun 06

I very much doubt if it is in the slightest bit necessary. All modems and routers can be configured in the normal manner and setup wizards are merely hand-holding tools.

If he needs any specific assistance, post his questions here or perhaps even encourage him to join. I'm sure one or more of us can help. If he will be using a router, post in Networking.

woodchip 20:42 18 Jun 06

He should not need a CD you only need a Password and user name etc also ISP address

macduck 07:25 19 Jun 06

he'll still the software for the thompson speedtouch modem, from their web site?

ade.h 14:12 19 Jun 06

For a modem, you require a driver - and *sometimes* - software. For a router, you need nothing whatsoever because routers do not install and they are configured through a config UI. Will he be using a modem or a router?

macduck 23:28 19 Jun 06

i installed the driver for the thompson speedtouch, and using his user name and password i connected to the internet through the speed touch dial up modem, but because i haven't got the software c.d i can't connect using the talk talk icon that would be with software. Also when i go into tools internet options i don't have the web address in the home page and in the connections section. In the dial up and virtual network settings it says thompson speedtouch instead of talk talk. we have tried ringing talk talk for some assistance, but as they have over subscribed the line is always busy then dissconnects, he said there is supposed to be another disc on its way, personally i would wait to see if it arrives so that he can set it up with all the correct addreses and dial up numbers. it should arrive in the next 5 days

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…