Talk Talk Installation - Administrator required?

Graham. 16:49 31 Jul 07

I'm going to help a friend in the morning. She has just changed ISP to Talk Talk, but when she loads their CD it says she is not an Administrator. She is the sole user from new.

Anything known on this problem? I will check the Users in XP first.

EJ1947 20:56 31 Jul 07

Can't help you on the administrator but I suggest ditching the CD and setup the modem manually. Connect router. Assuming it is the Huawei router then simply type into your browser 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 (for usb). Under "Basic" click WAN settings then click the pencil icon under actions. Simply enter your talktalk username and password. Click submit and click "save all" (important). Done

Stuartli 21:05 31 Jul 07

One thing to note is that the TT username and password to log on (i.e. phonenumber @talktalk.net plus chosen password is not the same as that to get into My Account.

This is your TalkTalk e-mail address and chosen password.

EJ1947 21:10 31 Jul 07

Also remember something about a password to access the Huawei settings. This is password "admin" username "admin"

Stuartli 21:46 31 Jul 07

It could be Admin and Admin..:-)

The settings for a modem router can be found at:

click here

Other queries answered at:

click here

Graham. 23:12 31 Jul 07

I have printed the relevant information, and will set forth in the morning in high spirits. hic.

Stuartli 23:24 31 Jul 07

You may also have to Enable LAN in the Bios and install the drivers.

Graham. 15:19 01 Aug 07

All my efforts came to nothing, so I rang the TalkTalk helpline. The installation CD and Modem are not compatible with Vista. They do not have any that are compatible.

The only solution is to go to the Modem manufacturers website and download Vista drivers.

My friend says at no point was she asked for the Operating System.

Stuartli 15:35 01 Aug 07

See:

click here

(for Vista and wireless router)

click here

(wired)

Stuartli 15:35 01 Aug 07

The modem installation page lists Windows 2000 and XP and the above links for Vista.

Graham. 15:55 01 Aug 07

I think what has happened is TalkTalk was ordered before she got the new Vista computer. So the sales person said she would only need the CD, and didn't send a new Modem.

I was trying to get the existing Speed Touch working, and that needs the Vista drivers.

I get the impression from their website that if 'their' modem is connected via ethernet, and not USB, it should work.

So my friend is calling them to request a modem. In the meantime I will be downloading drivers from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac