talk talk huawei modem

tiscalitrev 08:30 21 Oct 06

Hi, I am about to go and help a mate set up his newly arrived talk talk modem!!
They have sent a Huawei model which I presume is the standard one now.It has got both ethernet and usb connections on it,but what surprises me is that it also has a dc adaptor.
Do I take it that if using the usb connection the dc supply is not required? Is it only used for ethernet.
Thanks

jack 08:44 21 Oct 06

I'll keep tuned to this one - its going to happen to me soon -a mate needing TalkTalk help that is

tiscalitrev 09:12 21 Oct 06

I take it by "soon" you mean in 3 months time?!!!

jack 11:56 22 Oct 06

Well they- being ever optimistic[He is one of those who having made choice immediately tries to convince the world this is the best- because the girl in our local Carphone Warehouse - said so- de da de da]
So in his [and his missus - she's the same] wild imaginings it'll be up and going by the first week in November- because the girl in the shop said so.

We shall see

Stuartli 12:46 22 Oct 06

This name sounds a bit like the joke about the Whoarewe tribe...:-)

Totally-braindead 12:50 22 Oct 06

Only suggestion I have is check the instructions presumming they sent any.

tiscalitrev 19:15 22 Oct 06

Thanks for the interest. I have now been and tried to install his talk Talk BB and yes the dc supply is required when using it as a usb device.

However I am having trouble loading the drivers by letting the set up cd do it automatically (Win 98 se).I am having to manually load them by locating them on the cd and let windows do it for me.

jack 13:58 23 Oct 06

You say
"However I am having trouble loading the drivers by letting the set up cd do it automatically (Win 98 se).I am having to manually load them by locating them on the cd and let windows do it for me."

Very likely - This is almost certainly XP/NT compatable only.
Try the modems makers webb site for DOS[95/8/Me] drivers.

tiscalitrev 09:21 24 Oct 06

Thanks for that Jack. I am really struggling now because I do not seem able to load the correct drivers (you could be correct in saying they are for XP)
I have a spare Thompson 330, and that loads perfectly from the talk talk cd!!
The Huawei website is no use as it does not even specify this modem.
Can anyone else help? Has anyone successfully installed the Huawei mt882 on talk talk (or another ISP) on win 98 or XP.
Thanks.

spargo 09:47 24 Oct 06

Have a look here

click here

Stuartli 10:36 24 Oct 06

TalkTalk supplied me with the Speedtouch 330, but I've never used it as I'd bought an ADSL modem router.

However, if you go to the Speedtouch drivers downloads for this modem you'll also find the "up to 8MB" update if you need it.

There doesn't appear to be any mention of the Huawei modem on the TT website's Help and Support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017