Talk Talk Fibre Broadband

Aarond1977 02 Nov 12

I'm finally joining the wonderful world of fibre optic broadband as of Tuesday. At present I have a netgear N Router for my current broadband and I have heard that the router TalkTalk provide is pretty lame.

Is it prudent to say I'll be able to use my current router over the one they supply?

woodchip 02 Nov 12

You could try it's not going to Stop anything

onthelimit1 02 Nov 12

This from the think broadband site

'FTTC/FTTP routers

FTTC or FTTP is an engineer installed product and will include a VDSL2 capable router to which you can connect your own router or computer. You will need to connect a device that supports PPPoE to use it. This is usually a standard 'broadband router' or 'cable modem' router which has a WAN port. If you currently have an ADSL router with a built in ADSL modem, this will NOT work with the FTTC service and you will need to get a new router. If you are only using one computer on the connection, you should be able to connect the BT provided router directly to your computer and create a PPPoE network connection to get online. '

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message