Talk Talk Connection Speed??

Pioneer100 13:00 09 Jul 06

I was connected to Talk Talk back in 2004. originaly I signed up for 512 and was connected at 2.2 Mbps. I have since upgraded to their new offer, and despite contacting them many times to ask why my speed has not increased?, nothing has happened.Other than a promise that by May 2007 I might be connected @ 8 Mpbs
A recent speedtest has shown
Download speed of :351Kbps
Uplaod of:175 Kpbs
Can anyone explain to me just what speed of connection I actually have? & how does it compare with what is on offer nowadays.
Also has anyone else suffered lack of response from Talk Talk?

sean-278262 00:26 10 Jul 06

As far as I understood TT was offering whatever the maximum was regarding the exchange in your area. Did you try this test at peak time or when the contention ration may be maxed out ie lots of people downloading at the same time.

terryf 01:30 10 Jul 06

If you have a letter from talktalk making promises which they are not keeping, you may wish to do as I did and enlist the help of your local trading standards to get out of the contract and move. I did and it worked. Now with Eclipse because they allow month by month contract

terryf 01:31 10 Jul 06

PS try this speed test click here

woofwoofbark 03:03 10 Jul 06
  Pioneer100 13:15 10 Jul 06

Thanx for the advice with TT, I tried the speed test came out better @ 537kbps. What i expected from a 2.2Mbps connection.

Stuartli 14:30 10 Jul 06

Nowhere near what I would expect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…