Talk Talk Broadband - Router required

5starred 23:43 19 Feb 07

A family member has just purchased a laptop and has took out broadband with talk talk which is to be ready later this week. They want to use a router with the laptop so they asked me if I could sort one out. Can anyone recommend one?

baldtaco 00:27 20 Feb 07
  baldtaco 00:29 20 Feb 07

and wireless click here

Dipso 00:30 20 Feb 07

Another vote for Speedtouch.

phono 00:32 20 Feb 07

I am using a Netgear DG834 without problems, I would imagine any offering from any of the well known manufacturers will work without any problem.

Strawballs 00:36 20 Feb 07

Just make sure it is an ADSL Modem/router NOT a stand alone router.

JayDay 10:08 20 Feb 07

I am using a Netgear DG834G wirelss modem/router with my laptop and I'm also using TalkTalk, no problems.

Really easy to set-up, the set up wizard automatically detected the TalkTalk connection and I just had to input my account details and I was away.

5starred 13:55 20 Feb 07

Will have a look at these ones and see what they are like not that I know much about them.

Talk Talk are suggesting the following:
click here
not sure if this would be any good

phono 20:15 20 Feb 07

Their suggestion is probably fine, like JayDay I am using a Netgear product and it has never let me down in the 3 - 4 plus years I have owned it.

Dipso 21:55 20 Feb 07

I don't know what brand the Talk Talk recommended router is. IMHO you are better off sticking with a more well known brand/model. Netgears are OK but I had issues after upgrading to up to 8 Meg so I sold mine and bought a Speedtouch 585, no more problems.

If you need a bundled wireless adapter as well as the router this click here. is worth a look.

Dipso 21:56 20 Feb 07

Re: sticking with a well known brand...more for the fact that you have better support/help options than anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now