Talk Talk Broadband Installation - Outlook Express

corbs 20:18 06 Sep 06

I am having difficulty with connection with a new Talk Talk installation. The cd installed fine and the internet is up and running, the only problem is when sending/receiving messages from outlook express. It seems to connect via a dial up, bringing up the dial up screen and asking to confirm the password etc. It then wont authorise the password and fail to send receive. The only time it seems to work is when the computer is first switched on. I looked at the internet connections and the Talk Talk broadband is the default dial up connection not broadband? Will this be the problem and how do I change it? I have looked at the internet setting from within outlook express and I think I have checked everything I should have but am no expert! Any ideas?

howard63 20:20 06 Sep 06

on the dial up page click on never dial a connection

woodchip 20:21 06 Sep 06

Don't tell me I had a Go at this for some one the other day. But instead of sticking with the Default's that they gave. Like password and Mail they tried changing it So could not get anywhere. No correct settings. So I left it.

woodchip 20:22 06 Sep 06

He She can connect. It's mail that's the problem

corbs 20:26 06 Sep 06

sorry i dont understand what woodchip meant?

Rossi#1 20:26 06 Sep 06

Ive just had a nightmare with TalkTalk myself.The modem they gave me cuased my PC to freeze up on the shutdown screen so I had to go out and buy a new one and reset Outlook myself.
Go into Outlook and click on 'Tools' and then 'Accounts'.Set up a new account and the incoming mail server is 'mail.talktalk.net' and the outgoing is 'smtp.talktalk.net'.
Then join another forum and wait for the activation e-mail so you can send mail.

corbs 20:28 06 Sep 06

rossi - there is already a talk talk account set up, should I create a new one again and remove the previous one?

corbs 20:29 06 Sep 06

where is the dial up page?

Rossi#1 20:35 06 Sep 06

Actually disregard my advice because something funnys happening with mine now.I get mail but when I go into the Accounts it tells me it cant connect!
Im really regretting joining TalkTalk!!!

corbs 20:42 06 Sep 06

that doesn't make me feel better!!

Stuartli 21:10 06 Sep 06

See:

click here

towards the end where I've mentioned how to sort out TalkTalk usernames and passwords confusion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…