Talk Talk Broadband basic help needed

Jpeg6785 14:23 10 Dec 07

Ive had a new laptop, is it an essential requirement that I install the talk-talk setup disk again or can I just plug the RJ45 into the back from the modem and access the internet via appropriate settings....

I'm also thinking about going wireless using a Netgear router, with very little experience how difficult is this to set up?

Kind Regards

Adam

Ashrich 18:27 10 Dec 07

Just plug the ethernet cable in , it'll work fine . As for the wireless router , they are easy to set up , you obviously have an ethernet modem as it has an RJ45 connection so it will connect to the WAN port on the router and the Netgear should find the internet connection , then all you should have to do is set up some wireless encryption ( WPA preferably ) and away you go .

Ashley

peter99co 19:14 10 Dec 07

There is no requirement to install the talk talk disc because you are already set-up at the other end of the system.You can also plug in any other laptop regardless. I also agree you must set up any WIFI with WPA. There are three bods near me who have not and it is possible to log in on their net connection when they leave it switched on. I have even told two of them but five monthes later their system is still open house.

jdb 20:21 10 Dec 07

Use the settings rather than the TalkTalk disc. That way you can avoid the all-pervading AOL connection.

Jpeg6785 10:04 11 Dec 07

Thanks Guys for your help

Adam

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…