TALK TALK BROADBAND

The Scorpion 20:17 15 Nov 07

Hi guyes

Could any one tell me whether 'TALK TALK' provides wireless or wired network. If so then how can I get public IP adddress from 'TALK TALK'?
Many thanks for the help

lotvic 21:21 15 Nov 07

not quite sure, is this any help click here

woodchip 22:47 15 Nov 07

No Idea what you are talking about. Talk Talk are a Brodband provider, Wireless and Wired Connnections are governed by the kind of Modem Router you buy or use. Not the Provider. If you have just started an account with them tell us what you want to do. I am on Talk Talk

Stuartli 23:35 15 Nov 07

TalkTalk offers both USB and wireless modems (you have to pay for them and you can get them cheaper from e-Buyer etc).

I originally used a Sagem USB modem (the survivor of my Tiscali connection), but eventually bought a wired e-Buyer Value ADSLMax+2 modem router costing £15 (a rebadged Safecom model; it's been in use for more than a year now, performs faultlessly and is technically futureproof for some time yet).

As woodchip points out, you can basically use any wired or wireless modem router you wish.

Stuartli 23:36 15 Nov 07

The TT Help pages are down at present, presumably due to overnight maintenance, but full information is available about setting up and configuring various types of modems.

In fact TT's Help pages are pretty comprehensive...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…