talk talk

koko 20:29 21 Aug 06

hi all just changed to TT and having a few probs,
1, got one email account set up with outlook but it keeps asking for my log in details when i try to retrive email, any ideas how to fix it?

2, to set up the other email accounts you have to use TT's "dashboard" but it wont let me log in with either the password they provided or my main email address.

can any one help please.

stephen

koko 22:38 21 Aug 06

i've looked around and some threads talk about going into regedit and Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System but i can't find the protected bit in microsoft , am i going soft?

Rtus 22:48 21 Aug 06

TRY ..>Go to the Outlook Exp email Prog > Choose tools > accounts> highlight the account you want to use >choose properties>go to connections tab and clear the (always connect to this account using )remove the tick ..It should then collect mail from the talktalk mail servers.assuming the account name =[email protected] & the POP3 in = mail.talktalk.net &
out = smtp.talktalk.net are correct

Rtus 22:57 21 Aug 06

2. However setting up any secondry email account has to have an email sent to it to activate it If I remember correctly
but in any case the help page is>
click here

Stuartli 23:16 21 Aug 06

The Outlook Express Accounts list should have all the e-mail accounts collecting from TalkTalk (open each account's Properties>Connection tab) and the box should be Checked to ensure this happens if you have more than one ISP listed.

However, if any of the accounts have incorrect configuration (such as the POP3 or SMTP settings) then the e-mails for that account won't be collected.

You'll get error panels appearing outlining the problem.

Stuartli 23:17 21 Aug 06

Re Rtus's point about sending an e-mail to activate an account - TT's Help section states this point and suggests you get a friend to send you an e-amil.

However, if you have more than one e-mail address you can do this yourself.

Rtus 21:43 22 Aug 06

Another point Ive just noted you state "but it wont let me log in with either the password they provided or my main email address."Do you mean Just the Emails or the ISP login?
Can you in fact surf through Talk Talk& it is activated. other than that initial email setup can take a couple of days to get on the system.I can recal 2 people who had this problem when changing over from another ISP.

Stuartli 21:51 22 Aug 06

Your TalkTalk main username and password can be checked/confirmed by telephoning 0870-0875-562 (free from a TalkTalk phone); your My Account log-in is your (chosen e-mail name)@talktalk.net and your password for e-mails i.e john.smith@ talktalk.net (space is to avoid an e-mail address reproduction)

Stuartli 21:54 22 Aug 06
  koko 20:09 25 Aug 06

thanks all up and running now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…