//some 3rd party need geo

Taking Sony Vaio Laptop Apart

Gaz W 18:12 18 Sep 04

I need to get into a Sony Vaio (model number PCG-GR314MP) laptop to look at the keyboard, as I think a drink spillage has caused it to stop working properly and I'm trying to see if there's anything I can do about it.

Anyway, so far I've been unable to separate the plastic casing completely. I have removed all of the screws and the purple/blue cover over the scroll wheel, but I can't manage to unclip it any further back than the Caps Lock key on the left and the Enter key on the right... sorry I can't be more specific but maybe anyone with Sony Vaio experience might know what I'm talking about!

I found a "service guide" but this just contained telephone numbers to ring for support - no good at all! Anyway, if anyone knows how to take it apart I'd be grateful for any information!

Thanks,

Gaz

Eric10 19:37 18 Sep 04

Not the same model number as your laptop but these two links may provide some clues to help you. click here and click here

Gaz W 22:24 18 Sep 04

Thanks for that - it wasn't identical but I was able to use it as a rough guide. On this one, I had to remove one rubber cover over a screw by the left speaker, unscrew it, slide it to the left and lift it off. Accessing the keyboard was easy after that. All I need to do now is see if I can order a new keyboard.....

Anyway thanks again for your help,

Gaz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…