Taking out part of DVD

I have a DVD which isn't copyrighted or anything like that and what I want to do is take out about a 30 second piece of it and make it as 'another' small DVD/Mpeg. Is this possible and how?

eedcam 18:30 06 Dec 05

You could download DVD shrink for free that will allow you to edit your movie

I have that software but I need to know how to do it.

€dstowe 18:39 06 Dec 05

"I have that software but I need to know how to do it."

Look in the Help files under Topics, Guides and you will be directed to seeral comprehensive manuals for the program.

€dstowe 18:39 06 Dec 05

seeral = several, sorry.

Mark5001 19:02 06 Dec 05

Thanks Mark5001 your link helped greatly. I have 'cut' the part of the DVD I need and saved it to a folder on my desktop. In that folder is 2 further folders Audio_TS and Video_TS, how do I convert them to an mpeg so I can e-mail it to somebody?

Mark5001 20:15 06 Dec 05

.VOB files are Basicly just Mpeg2 files so if you can use the Mpeg2 format then you don"t have to convert them at all in most cases just cut out the scenes you want and save them with a .Mpeg extention...
There are a Few Vob/Mpeg2 cutters that are freeware like "Chopper XP" or "Mpeg2Cut" ..You can find them both if you do a Google search....

You can also use DVD2AVI to convert the files to AVI or better yet you can use "Virtual-Dub-Mpeg2" which you can download here:

click here

Also download and install this:

AC3ACM Decompressor
click here

That makes it so Virtual-Dub can read the audio in VOB files....

Monoux 20:17 06 Dec 05

Mark how do I 'save them with a .Mpeg extention....'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…