Taking digital camera on holiday

nodrog2 22:54 23 Sep 04

Can anyone tell me if the x-ray machines at airports cause any problems with the memory cards in digital cameras?

stalion 22:57 23 Sep 04

give your digital camera to security before you go through that way it will not be scanned and you avoid the possibility

GYPSY 23:21 23 Sep 04

My camera has gone thru many times with no problem, but if you are worried take the card out and stick in in your pocket.

Eargasm 23:34 23 Sep 04

"Taking digital camera on holiday" Thank yourself lucky, i have to take the wife!!!!

bvw in bristol 00:17 24 Sep 04

Using an XD card....no problems.

rawprawn 07:58 24 Sep 04

No problems for me either, including the card.

Carafaraday 08:55 24 Sep 04

Just back from hols - went through security at least four times - the pics are fine.

anchor 09:00 24 Sep 04

My digital cameras have been through airport X-Ray machines in Europe and the USA many times; Never a problem.

Just returned from Crete, all pictures fine.

€dstowe 09:07 24 Sep 04

I know a pilot who's digital camera and laptop goes through security checking about twice a day or even more often than that.

There aren't any problems with either device.

N.B. Pilots have to go through similar security checks as the paying passengers.

gudda96 09:19 24 Sep 04

Glad that question was posted and answered, I would not have thought but general feeling seems to be that its no problem.

cherria 09:30 24 Sep 04

These memory cards are pretty robust, I saw a magazine article where they tried all sorts of ways to kill them including washing machines, heavy objects etc. They even nailed one to a tree and were still able to retrieve the pictures.

I haven't tried the ultimate test yet though as my 2 year old daughter hasn't managed to get her hands on my memory stick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…